glad you enjoyed the experience. Dan Marino was an honorary Red Soxer, but lost his membership when the Sox won the world series. Great player just the same.
STEVE YOUNG: Career Notes - Selected by Los Angeles Express in 1st round (10th pick overall) of 1984 USFL Draft - Selected by Tampa Bay Buccaneers in in 1st round (1st pick overall) of 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft - Traded by Tampa Bay Buccaneers to San Francisco 49ers Championship Games Played in NFC Championship Game: 88, 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96, 97
Superbowls XXIII (88), XXIV (89), XXIX (94) Honors MVP of Super Bowl: XXIX Named to play in Pro Bowl: 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
Oh believe me, I am well versed in Steve Young stats... did I mention the cermony was 5 HOURS... 2 of which were taken up by Steve and his dad talking about his career. Don't know if you watched it on TV, but both Young and Marino gave great speeches... Steve Young's was a little long though, but I guess it was his day too ;-) The subject line "Steve who?" was referring to the one lonely guy in the Young jersey amongs the sea of teal and orange... it was really crazy. 20,000 people, and I bet maybe 1000 for Young, the other 19,000 were fish-heads for sure!
Amazing...someone is actually thinking about commenting? Over 2 years have gone by without a single comment! Just when I thought nobody ever looked at this thing and considered deleting it... -Chris
glad you enjoyed the experience. Dan Marino was an honorary Red Soxer, but lost his membership when the Sox won the world series. Great player just the same.
ReplyDeleteSTEVE YOUNG:
Career Notes - Selected by Los Angeles Express in 1st round (10th pick overall) of 1984 USFL Draft
- Selected by Tampa Bay Buccaneers in in 1st round (1st pick overall) of 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft
- Traded by Tampa Bay Buccaneers to San Francisco 49ers
Championship
Games Played in NFC Championship Game: 88, 89, 90, 92, 93, 94, 96, 97
Superbowls XXIII (88), XXIV (89), XXIX (94)
Honors MVP of Super Bowl: XXIX
Named to play in Pro Bowl: 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
Oh believe me, I am well versed in Steve Young stats... did I mention the cermony was 5 HOURS... 2 of which were taken up by Steve and his dad talking about his career. Don't know if you watched it on TV, but both Young and Marino gave great speeches... Steve Young's was a little long though, but I guess it was his day too ;-)
ReplyDeleteThe subject line "Steve who?" was referring to the one lonely guy in the Young jersey amongs the sea of teal and orange... it was really crazy. 20,000 people, and I bet maybe 1000 for Young, the other 19,000 were fish-heads for sure!
I don't know Chris, I watched the ceremony for Benny Friedman, I'm sure there were fans at the Hall of Fame for him!
ReplyDeleteYeah, maybe a dozen or so
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete