Monday, May 29, 2006

let's talk about food...

So Derek was right, there is a KFC on every corner... also found on the corners are popular snacks such as duck heads, snake blood, and squid.

You've got to click on this one to really appreciate it.



Here we are at a popular "duck house"... that's duck blood on the left. Apparently it congeils and gets chewy when it's boiled. Mmmmm.



This woman is grilling squid. 30 seconds over an open fire and BAM!! Just cut it up with a pair of rusty scisors and you've got yourself a great snack.



This was perhaps the most outrageous. Those cages in front are live snakes! "You pick, we decapitate, gut, and drain the blood into a glass for you to drink". Apprently it "Keeps you up all night"... though I'm not sure in what context that was meant. I guess men drink it to "make them strong"... again... not sure in what sense... needless to say I wasn't interested in finding out. At least it's sanitary though... that is today's clean newspaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazing...someone is actually thinking about commenting? Over 2 years have gone by without a single comment! Just when I thought nobody ever looked at this thing and considered deleting it...
-Chris