![]() |
| 2012-08-29 |
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Wow! Summer is over. I can't believe it. Tyler started first grade today, and Anna's first day back at Shelburne Nursery School is Friday. Time sure flies by. We've been busy has heck these past few weeks around the house and getting ready for school and working and all that good stuff. I haven't been able to update this lately because our computer has been under a drop cloth in a heap for a few weeks. We did a fairly major renovation of our downstairs over the past few weeks...Since we bought the house we wanted to put wood floor down in the living room, and we never cared much for the tile (style, or amount of it)...so we finally bit the bullet...new floor, baseboards, hearth, door casings, window casings, counter top and appliances. I took a few days off, and worked a handful of half days, and Katie was a machine all the while. We included the kids where safety permitted, but a lot of it was too noisy for their liking. Fortunately, they get along good and had fun together while we did a lot. They were awesome actually. We also had some help from friends and relatives, which was invaluable. I can not thank Al, Jacob, Paul and Greg enough for their time, help and tools I borrowed :-) The demolition took one week to get the old tile/oak/carpet out of the downstairs, and then a week to get the wood floor down, then another week for the trim and hooking up new appliances and whatnot. Having no kitchen for nearly three weeks was tough, but we're really happy with how it all came out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Amazing...someone is actually thinking about commenting? Over 2 years have gone by without a single comment! Just when I thought nobody ever looked at this thing and considered deleting it...
-Chris