Sunday, December 23, 2007

"It's the most, wonderful time of the year"

...yeah right...Johnny Mathis probably wasn't losing his job when he wrote that song... But seriously... I assume you all heard by now, Qimonda is consolidating the R&D for North America under one roof...unfortunately, that roof is in Cary, North Carolina. They are closing our office. Roughly 50 people out of the 130 that I work with will be given the opportunity to relocate. We will find out who is eligible on January 11th. Needless to say the timing could be better, given the baby on the way in February and the new house and all, but all said and done, Katie and I are doing just fine. We will try to stay right where we are, but to be honest, there are not a lot of semiconductor test engineering jobs up here (shocking, I know).

Enough about that though, because after all, this IS a wonderful time of the year, and Tyler is enjoying every minute of it. Picking out the three, playing in the snow, building a ginger-bread house, trains, cookies, family and friends visiting... we are having fun.

I hope you all are enjoying the season as well, and we wish you all a Merry Christmas!

2007_12_23




We got Elfed!!
http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1647271194

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays!
    Could you send me the family picture you took last year? We made a picture album for Grammy and would like to add it. Thanks! Tyler enjoyed Christmas! Hope to see you before NC?
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete

Amazing...someone is actually thinking about commenting? Over 2 years have gone by without a single comment! Just when I thought nobody ever looked at this thing and considered deleting it...
-Chris